Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Would you travel with this man?

We made it through PA to Ohio yesterday. I had to look at the phone
last night to see where I was, but the bed was comfortable and there
was a hair dryer in the room. We are in Mentor, Ohio, by the way,
just west of Cleveland. We had beautiful drive yesterday after
visiting Niagara Falls. We saw Lakes Ontario and Erie, two of the
lesser of the Greats.

About the state trooper (for those of you reading Mike's blog). We
were at an intersection, the light turned green, I looked both ways
and started through the intersection. Given my superior visual
acuity I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. A state
trooper in a SUV came barreling through the intersection on the red
with no siren. Due to my great physical dexterity and biking skill,
I stopped quickly and avoided him. That's the story!

As for my turn signal, Mike has reminded me "several" times about
turning it off. Ask him about the big guy who yelled at him about
his turn signal. At least I am keeping it in the family. So, we are
having a great time, lots of laughs, beautiful rides, seeing parts of
the country unknown to us. We are off today to IN to Sun Aura. Some
of you will know that reference, and the rest will have to wait. As I
write, Mike is in the parking lot talking to a guy with a BMW,
probably telling him the sad story of transporting his "mother in
law" across the country. We all have our burdens, don't we.

Note: There are 5 bikes in the parking lot this morning. We are the
trend-setters.

5 comments:

MOJIE said...

Wow!~ It ounds like you are having so much fun! My only question is, how do you know so much about what Mike's blog says??? I thought you weren't reading eachother's???
Have fun and be careful.

skramls said...

I have the same comment as Maura - how do you now what is in Mike's blog? Thanks for the pictures - I've showed them to Tami - I think she moved a whisker in excitment!

Zetti said...

Nana,
I want you to come to visit. I want you to be on a great adventure with Mike. I wish you have a good journey. I really love you and I want you to visit in the fall. I want you to go here at 6 o'clock in the morning. I love you forever, even when I die. I hope your adventure is a great adventure with Mike because you and Mike are my best family and I love you because you are my best friend.
MMMwwaahh!
Love,
Lucy

sarah and kelso said...

How long will we have to wait to understand the reference? Glad that you're having fun and that you've had some nice weather. Thankful for your superior visual acuity!

Hope that tomorrow brings another great adventure and the solution to Sun Aura or whatever that was!

Love,
Sarah

skramls said...

Obviously I didn't want to travel with him - that's why I sent him with you! Hope you guys find the leg sundial and that it is all you hoped for!